- We’re planning to launch Online Time Sheets within the next 6 weeks or so. This Employee Self-Service feature will magically appear in our FlexTrack and PowerTrack Premium Plan Members’ accounts, as soon as it goes live. (Members with this feature will need to log in and select a check-box that gives employees permission to submit time sheets through the Employee Site, when it launches).
- Our Special Intro Rates are going away after Saturday. If you want to take advantage of the new Online Time Sheet feature and other Superstar features, at these awesome rates, do it today…Compare Plans Now!
A while back I mentioned that your employees soon would be able to change their passwords to one that’s easier to remember.
Employees can now log in at https://employees.tracksmart.com, click the “Change Your Password” link next to their name and set up a new, friendlier password.
We hope this helps your employees and we thank our community again for providing the feedback that made this a priority for us. Happy Tracking!
We are dedicated to keeping TrackSmart the most friendly and easy-to-use online employee attendance tracking solution on the web by continuing to deliver new features and enhancements to our members.
When we launched Premium Plans in December of 2010, we offered “Special Introductory” rates to our members. As of April 1, 2012, the regular rates will take effect. If you are already on a premium plan, this change will not apply to your current billing term, but will be seen on your next renewal date.
The good news is that our regular rates are still incredibly low and if you haven’t upgraded yet, you’ve got some time to take advantage of the intro rates.
Even better news: we’ve got lots of enhancements on the way for the Premium Plan members.
Here are some upcoming features already in the works for Premium Plans:
- Employees Timesheets – employees can submit hours worked online, with administrator reporting and export to Excel (think payroll uses)
- Supervisor permissions to approve online employee time-off requests and timesheets
- Basic accruals of time off banks
- Premium Plan exclusive discounts in the TrackSmart store
We look forward to continuing to service you and making TrackSmart.com the best online employee tracking solution for your business.
An email will be sent your way this week mentioning all this, be on the lookout.
If you’d like to give us your feedback, please post it in the community.
The employee time-off request feature has been a big hit! Thank you to our members that told us this was an important enhancement and made it happen. Since then, we’ve gotten some great feedback in our community that tells us we’re not done.
Our process here is:
- Listen to what our members want, in the community, by email, through polls, etc.
- Deliver a basic version of the functionality/feature
- Get feedback from both our members and random “user” testing (asking people who haven’t used the site before to use the site and accomplish certain tasks as expected on TrackSmart)
- Based on the feedback, tweak or enhance the functionality/feature
- Wash, rinse, repeat
The point here is we’re never done.
So, here are some related enhancements we’re working on and hope to deliver over the next few months:
- Employees’ ability to view their own calendar when requesting time off
- Ability to view the main calendar with administrator permission settings
- Supervisor permissions to view and approve employee time-off requests
- Tracking hours worked — a basic online timesheet feature
Have any questions or comments or want your suggestions heard? Please tell us in the community…we’re listening!
Since releasing the Employee Time Off Request feature in December, we’ve gotten a number of requests to allow employees to choose their own password. I’m happy to announce that it’s on the way! Within the next couple of weeks, your employees will be able to log on to the Employee website and change their password. So say goodbye to hard-to-remember system generated passwords and say hello to “piratequeen123.”
About 11 months ago we received the first of many questions that sounded something like this: “Can employees request time off?”
Our answer at the time was “not right now.” The weeks passed quickly and more and more TrackSmartians let us know they thought this was a really great idea. We did our research, spoke with our member advisory team, and decided to embark on the grand journey of making the employee time off request feature a reality.
Now, when Premium Plan members ask if their employees can request time off through TrackSmart, we say “heck ya!” And we hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
Take a look at the tutorial video to see how it works and let us know what you think about our hard work.
This is going to be short and sweet and to the point, because Anjanette will be giving you the full run-down in a bit.
Last night, we released the much anticipated online employee time-off request and approval feature that we’ve been talking about for months. A little after my regularly scheduled bedtime, the feature became available for our Premium Plan members.
We’re very excited to be able to deliver on a much-requested functionality and think it’s really cool…and well worth the upgrade for those who were holding off until this came out.
We put together a quick video to show you how it works so you can get started right away. Check it out now!
Hello Happy Trackers! I hope you all have a healthy and happy Thanksgiving Day with all of your favorite foods. You’ll be very happy to know that we are officially in the testing phases of the new employee time off request feature. I am happy to say that we look like we’re on “track” to meet our December release date. If you haven’t done so already, remember to add your employee email addresses to prepare to take advantage of this exciting feature!
Some of us are, and that’s ok. We get it – that’s why we’ve been working on a snazzy new way for you to try both a free calendar and premium version, without signing up. The only thing we’ll ask for is your email address so we can send you a link to your demo calendar, but otherwise, no registration is required. You’ll be able to see and feel what the free forever basic calendar offers and what the paid premium plans expand on.
Each demo account will allow you to play with sample data including:
- Absence and Event codes
- Summaries and Reports
Even though the demo accounts are prepopulated with data, you’ll also be able to add and edit everything you see so you can get a good feel of how the TrackSmart calendar works.
Once you’ve decided that TrackSmart is the best thing since peanut butter, choose whether a Free or Premium Plan is right for you and get started in a few simple steps! The sample data will be gone and you’ll have a fresh new calendar. It’s like a blank canvas ready for you to begin your master piece of attendance tracking design!
Look for the demos to go live in early October.
Hi there happy Trackers!
As you know we’ve been hard at work building our new feature that will allow employees to request time off through TrackSmart.com. In this latest release, we’re preparing for that future functionality and added the following:
- Email address validation for the employee profile to make sure the email address of each employee is unique (this will be required for employees to log in, just like you need an unique email address to log in to your account)
- More helpful tips on setting up your employees in the “How Do I” tab located under the Employee list on the Employee Profile screen
- Even easier ways to add a code to the calendar. Now you can single-click a code to add an absence or event to the calendar. You can still double-click a code or use the drag and drop method, as well
- Fixes to correct the way the employee name displays on the Calendar Report
Stay tuned…we’re very close to releasing the new time-off request feature. I can’t wait!